Qualitative research methods
- Interviews and focus groups (online, telephone and face-to-face) with patients and healthcare practitioners
- Interpretative Phenomenological Analysis (IPA) - see blog post on my experiences of doing IPA
- Think-aloud interviews
- Reflexive thematic analysis
- Creative methods - Co-creation and using online methods
- Developed new digital interventions to help patients self-manage long-term health conditions using the person-based approach to behaviour change including for cancer survivors, people with asthma, weight loss, hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Prepared successful applications and documentation for Institutional ethics committees and NHS ethics (HRA/IRAS)
Publications and reports
Collaborations and networks
Worked in large multidisciplinary teams and collaborated with partner institutions, organisations and research groups. For example:
- Supporting institutions in India, Malawi, Kyrgyzstan, and Sri Lanka with qualitative research methods
- Published in collaboration with National and International partners (e.g. University of Calgary, National University of Singapore, University of Salford, University of Portsmouth)
- Organisations from the third sector (e.g. Breast Cancer UK, MacMillan, Asthma+Lung UK, etc.).
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Centre for Intelligent Healthcare, Coventry University
January 2023 - present
Research Associate, University of Leicester
June 2021 - March 2022
Research Assistant, Zipabout Ltd
October 2020 - May 2021
Research Assistant, Coventry University
October 2020 - March 2021
Senior Research Assistant, University of Southampton
July 2015 - December 2016
Research Assistant, University of Southampton
May 2015 - July 2015 (voluntary)
Teaching and Supervision
- Advisor for a PhD project to improve kidney transplant outcomes for young adults – a digital self-management approach (March 2023 - present).
- Supervised two A-level students for the Nuffield Research Placements, Nuffield Foundation 4-week summer research project (August 2018).
Teaching and Lecturing
- A-level Teacher of Psychology - Taught A-level psychology at King Edward VI College, Nuneaton (part-time, temporary, October 2022-December 2022)
- Lecturer on MSc Health Psychology Interactions and Outcomes in Healthcare Practice module. Delivered three 2-hour lectures; ‘Adherence to medical advice and medications’, ‘Screening and preventive medicine’, and ‘Specific needs of children’, Coventry University (February 2018).
- Workshop tutor and essay marker on MSc Health and Forensic Psychology module - Advanced Qualitative Research Methods 12 weeks, 2-hour workshop, Coventry University (January - March 2018).
- Workshop tutor and essay marker on 2nd year BSc Psychology module - Solving Psychological Problems. 12 weeks, 2-hour workshop, Coventry University (October - December 2017).
- Seminar tutor on BSc Psychology module - Research Methods and Academic Skills for Psychologists, ‘Independent and paired samples t-tests’, Coventry University (May 2017)
- Seminar tutor on the MSc Health Psychology skills training programme at the University of Southampton - ‘Project and Time Management’ (November 2016).
Other Skills and Achievements
Skills and Training
- Associate Fellow to the Higher Education Academy, AFHEA (July 2017)
- SPSS statistics software (quantitative data analysis)
- NVivo qualitative analysis software (qualitative data analysis)
- LifeGuide Authoring Tool (design and programming skills)
- Panopto (video platform for training, teaching, and presenting)
- Endnote and RefWorks reference manager
- Introduction to Good Clinical Practice eLearning (Primary Care; November 2015)
- Emergency First Aid at Work, University of Southampton (May 2016)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
Awards and Achievements
- Launch Entrepreneurship Development Programme, Coventry University Social Enterprise (CUSE) (June 2023)
- GOLD leadership award, Coventry University Students Union (August 2022)
- Best Oral Presentation Award, Midlands Health Psychology Network Annual Conference (June 2021)
- Postgraduate Research Rep of the Year, Coventry University Student Union (December 2018)
- HLS Faculty Associate Dean's Award, Coventry University Student Union (December 2018)
- Rep of the Month, Coventry University Student Union (June 2018)
- Research Forum of the Year, Coventry University Student Union (May 2018)
- Vice-Chair of the Board of Trustees, Arty-Folks (Nov 2020 - present)
As vice-chair of the board, I support business plan development and decision making for the charity.
- e-Mentor, University of Southampton (Apr 2020 - present)
Develop connections and professional relationships with students and alumni of the University of Southampton. I offer valuable advice to students and alumni, and share my skills and knowledge to mentees.
- Research Student Representative for Coventry University Student Union (2017 – 2019)
As a Research Student Representative, I attended regular meetings and forums to provide positive and constructive feedback representing the research students at Coventry University. I represented the student voice for wider issues contributing to University changes such as the rules and regulations for Postgraduate researchers at Coventry University. I represented the Faculty of Health and Life Sciences as Senior Rep for 2017/2018.
Get in touch...
For my full CV or to find out how I may be useful to you...